AGED 20 YEARS
Our Master Distiller selected five Pedro Ximenez Sherry Octaves from the distillery’s warehouses to be bottled as The GlenDronach 20 Years Old Octaves. An octave cask is made from staves of a previously used sherry butt and is approximately one-eighth the size of a butt. A smaller cask allows for more interaction between the wood and the spirit, giving the whisky a greater depth of flavour and aroma in a shorted period of time. This is a very limited, exclusive bottling, with only 371 bottles produced.
- GlenDronach 20 Years Old Octaves
- Rich, red maple leaf in dark amber.
- An intense concentration of chocolate fondant, candied ginger and glace cherries, all perfectly balanced with a warming grind of black pepper, rich oak spices and a slight touch of liquorice.
- Full-bodied sherry characteristics give dark molasses, enriched Christmas cake, sour plum syrup and delightful cigar box spices. A subtle combination of dark espresso and a nutty dryness gives the finish tremedous depth.
- A rare combination of heavyweight sherry Octave maturation and robust rich Highland whisky characteristics capturing the darkest depths to the most delicate spice.